By following the Utility Warehouse tips below, you could save even more money by reducing the amount of energy you use.
- A well insulated building is cheaper to heat.
- Draught-proofing windows and doors is very cost effective.
- Effective loft insulation: the minimum level of loft insulation is 270mm, but the more you have the more energy you will save.
- Cavity wall insulation can reduce the amount of heat lost through your walls.
Water heating tips
- Insulate your hot water cylinder and water pipes. Lagging jackets need to be at least 80mm (three inches) thick to be effective.
- Ensure lights are switched off in empty rooms, and adjust curtains and blinds to let in as much light as possible.
- Replace light bulbs with low energy light bulbs.
- Turn your thermostat down. Reducing your room temperature by 1 degree celsius could cut your heating bills by up to 10%.
- Place foil behind radiators fitted onto outside walls.
This Advice is Courtesy of the Utility Warehouse discount club